Every medical procedure, especially if it is cosmetic, has a number of advantages and disadvantages alike. Just as we are excited to enjoy great results, it is also important to be prepared for the potential damage or side effects. Speaking of dentistry, today we will talk about the damage of Hollywood smile in general , And damages resulting from each method used to obtain them.
What is a Hollywood Smile?
“Hollywood Smile” is a term that refers to the aesthetically pleasing appearance of teeth, in a consistent, bright and white way. It is named after Hollywood celebrities and is characterized by a wonderful smile and a healthy appearance of neatly and evenly spaced teeth that makes this smile a dream for everyone.
Ways To Get A Hollywood Smile
In the world of dentistry, Hollywood smile is the result of a number of medical steps that ultimately lead to brighter teeth and consistency, with the use of certain procedures such as:
- Teeth whitening different ways.
- Dental lenses (often the most frequently used).
- Crowns on teeth.
Depending on the shape of the face, what the doctor determines the most appropriate way, and personal preferences, it ultimately gives more self-confidence, improves the overall aesthetic shape of the teeth and smile.
Hollywood Smile Damages
The damages or negatives of Hollywood smile depend on the method used to obtain them, but the procedure can generally have some drawbacks and damages, including the following:
- The cost may be high in some cases as the case requires work and additional treatments.
- Degeneration can occur through lenses used in the operation if the doctor’s hygiene precautions are not observed.
- If a Hollywood smile is obtained by teeth whitening, there is a possibility of tooth sensitivity.
- The length of the procedure if obtained with the installation of dental crowns.
- Side effects of any medical procedure in the teeth such as infection or dissatisfaction with the results, these effects can be reduced through proper selection of the center and the doctor, and follow the instructions accurately.
Hollywood smile damage by ceramic crusts
In a way to get a Hollywood smile through the ceramic pores of the teeth. The most common and most frequently used method, defects can include:
- Are more expensive compared to resin husks.
- They are usually irreparable if they are thin or cracked.
- The crust may not exactly match the color of your other teeth.
- If you are planning to whiten your teeth, you should do this before installing the veneer.
- Your teeth may become more sensitive to hot and cold foods and beverages due to tooth enamel removal.
- Peels are not a good option for individuals with unhealthy teeth.
Hollywood Smile Damages By Bleach
These damages are the same as those caused by tooth whitening in different ways, including the following:
Gum irritation can occur with contact with peroxides based on bleaching or any gel-based product, usually due to poor installation trays or improper application of the protective barrier or gel. Gum irritation is usually transient, After a short period of bleaching, the doctor may prescribe some types of soothing gel.
Sensitivity to teeth
The risk of temporary allergy to teeth is related to all forms of bleaching, possibly due to inflammation of the heart of the tooth due to exposure to peroxide during the procedure with the bleaching bar or trays based on the trays, the sensitivity may develop within two to three days of treatment. They are usually treated after the fourth day of treatment.
Hollywood Smile Damage By Teeth Crown
As with any medical procedure, there may be some drawbacks and side effects associated with dental bleaching, including:
- Discomfort, pain, and allergies, the doctor may prescribe a special paste for sensitive teeth.
- An allergic reaction to metals used in making crowns. Usually rarely.
- Sometimes the adhesive may be erased or washed under the crown and becomes wide, causing a vacuum that may leak bacteria and tooth decay. Visit your doctor if you feel that the size of the crown is wide on your teeth.
- Thinning of the toothpaste or incision in them, especially those made from molten porcelain to metal, composite resin can be used for repair.
- If the teeth fall under or the adhesive is thinned, the crown and tooth should be cleaned carefully if this occurs and contact the doctor for instructions.
- The presence of a dark line on the teeth on the crown, and next to the gum line because of the metal under the ceramic crown, which is not acceptable form only.
These are the most common problems caused by “Hollywood Smile” but the first and last opinion is always for your doctor who is following the bleaching process.